Monday 1 October 2012

"Personality Dictates Design"

Hello again,

For the last few days I've been reading journals from various character artists/animators around the globe!

One that really stood out as concise, well presented, and just awesome was the journal of Walt Disney character animator Bobby Pontillas.

The "article" is simply the slides from a presentation he had made to his fellow colleagues about the way he discovers and experiments with his characters. He goes into detail about the shape theory, and the importance of silhouette. He has a bunch of other great posts also, so I'd be sure to check out everything he's put up if you're into character design/design in general.

There's also an article on how he found his way into the industry.
It's simply just a collection of useful pictures which I thought I felt I would share. I sure found them useful.

Lastly, I used the advice in the slideshow to brainstorm some of my own characters!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers