Sunday 16 March 2014

Mock Brief: Finished

After my first, not so successful, silhouettes for Tom's brief, I did a bit more research into Fantasy weapons, sword proportions, and such. After that I created these:


I think the improvement is pretty dramatic. That is to say, these actually look like believable swords (for the most part). After my first, not so successful, silhouettes for Tom's brief, I did a bit more research into Fantasy weapons, sword proportions, and such. After that I created these:

I got some opinions on the silhouettes from a classmate which helped me figure out the most interesting parts of the designs. After which, I went and rendered the final design. I'm much happier with the design than I thought I was going to be, although I'm still going to polish the handle a bit more and do a separate image which shows off the globe on the bottom of the sword a bit better. Because of the project I'm doing with Rob for innovation, I was in the mind set to think about how to convey maps and direct the player in interesting ways, and when I was looking to add a final kick to the design that popped into my head, and so I thought it could be cool to have the globe on the sword project a virtual map/globe of the game world if you stab it into the ground and would work best for a first-person RPG.


1 comment:

Followers