Friday 9 November 2012

Interview with Kenneth Anderson.

Yesterday, freelance artist, Kenneth Anderson, was nice enough to grant a structured interview.

Despite going in with a list of specific questions, Anderson would often pick up on something from these and a whole new area of conversation would stem from that, which made the interview much more interesting.

I guess you could say it was an informal structured interview? 

Regardless, I received a lot of personal information about his career, his journey (so far), and also where he finds his inspiration. Which was obviously enormously helpful to someone like myself, hoping to make it out there in the big ol' world not too long from now. 

Anderson often gathers inspiration walking his dog. 

Thankfully, about 5 minutes in I remembered to begin recording. I always forget to record things, so I'm glad this one time I actually remembered - even if it was belated. 

One of the main things we got talking about were other professional concept artists/illustrators/fine artists that we were interested in. I managed to find out a whole bunch of artists who I had barely researched or sometimes even heard of, but were informed these were "must-knows" in the industry. So that was a big step in research direction.

One of the ideas this brought to light for me, from that meeting was the idea of comparing concept artists from the 60's/70's, and examining the styles, the influences, and really just the whole purpose of the concept art then, compared to the concept artists of today.

Bobby Chiu is part of Imaginism Studios Inc.

Imaginism Concept Art

So that'll give me a tonne of arts to look into for a while.

Also, after my previous post about my adaptation of song lyrics to art, I've decided it's time to begin experimenting with interpretation and using different styles of approach when drawing. 

So I guess I'm going to find a short description of a story world, (there's tonnes online), and draw up several adaptations of the same description and explain the decisions of the art created. 

'til next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers