Saturday 3 November 2012

Illustration and Music.

Ok, incase you don't know exactly what illustration is...


Well, The Free Dictionary describes illustration as a

"pictorial matter used to explain or decorate a text."

So this illustration is created through my interpretation of the song:

"Tiger Mountain Peasant Song" by Fleet Foxes.




Not the entire song, per say, but one specific lyric which grips me every time I listen.




"Through the forest
Down to your grave,
Where the birds wait,
And the tall grasses wave"















So as you can see I haven't exactly finished the painting quite yet. I have my layout and I have my colours blocked in. I think the sunset harmonises with the message of the illustration and harmonizes well with the composition.


I'll hopefully be finished the painting by next week, because I have a lot of other things to do.


Also need to do another presentation for Crit week. So hopefully get some helpful feedback this time round also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers