Friday 18 January 2013

Fundevogel (The Cook)

The original "cook" character I designed a while back was too similar to the design of Chef Gusteau (Ratatouille), so I decided to take the design to the silhouette stage and design from scratch.

Cook character design sheet.
At the top left corner you can see the initial silhouette designs. I decided the silhouette I liked best was the tall, creepy silhouette on the right hand side. I felt this design would be the most interesting choice because the shape of the forester is so round and stocky, and the child characters of Fundevogel and Lina are so tiny. Therefore, using this design for the evil character would create a nice range of shape and silhouette within the characters. This contrast of design should enhance the effectiveness of the characters designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers