Tuesday 8 January 2013

Visuals from an Instrumental.

It is likely this won't benefit my final works; However, the task I decided to undergo today ended up being very interesting personally.

I had the idea to create a painting from an instrumental piece of music. I figured it would be a great way to be create something personal and truly subjective.

What I did was basically listen to the piece of music, and sort of just paint what came into my head as the song played. I didn't know what I would actually gain from doing this, but I figured I couldn't lose anything, either.

The piece is by an British Musician - Bonobo. And is entitled "Black Sands"


And I painted this: 


The song to me sounds completely separated from society and people as a whole. If hills could make music, I imagine it would sound like this song.

The song also strikes me as rather oriental, so the colour schemes and atmosphere became heavily influenced by that.

I feel the song also glows with promise and magic. It seems to create this by lulling into the song very slowly, building, and building, eventually delivering an over-whelming culmination of sounds.

Listen to the song and look at the painting, maybe even let me know what you think about it?

Thanks,

1 comment:

Followers