Module Code: AG1084A
Module Title: Honours Project
Student Name: Rory Erskine-Jobson
Student Number: 0900772
A Study of Appropriate Design: Visual Development for Story Adaptation
To explore the visual development process surrounding story adaptation and gain a solid understanding of how design principles are harnessed to create appealing and appropriate compositions for story art.
- To scrutinise existing visual development processes of adaptation projects.
- To establish a critical framework supported by evaluation of industry practice and relevant literature, which serves to allow the production of effective illustrative designs.
- Develop a large collection of compelling visuals for a story.
- Examining and researching (adaptation) visuals, considering the principles of design.
- Establishing a connection between aesthetic qualities and story aspects in relative concept artwork.
- Devising a framework which can effectively vehicle, and also allow the iteration of story visuals.
- Establishing the character and environment designs for a story, while referring to the established framework.
Learning Contract, Project Blog, Dissertation, Project Artwork (Digital & Sketchbook), Meeting Diaries.
Sketchbooks, Adobe Photoshop & Premiere. Autodesk Maya.